4IM for the new generation of IT experts : the Engineer-Manager
The Provence region, an exceptional living environment at your disposal
Combining way of life and economic dynamism, Aix-en-Provence / Marseilles is the "key" region in the south of Europe . First area of industrial and tertiary activity in the south of France , Aix / Marseilles offers indisputable assets : long experience of international trade, a young dynamic and creative population, a geostrategic location between Europe and the Mediterranean , a quality of life and living environment which are privileged. It's a Mediterranean climate, with the possibility to reach Paris by TGV (High speed train), an international airport, student life, exceptional natural sites, the sea and the nearby alpine mountains, intense cultural and athletic life.
4IM is located in the heart of this part of France, with housing facilities nearby, as well as public transport, associations, gyms, water sport centres, .
Community life, a strong factor of social apprenticeship, has a strong foothold there
The International Institute for Integrated Information and Management (commonly called 4IM) is an independent higher education private institute of innovative training.
The Institue provides a training based upon the evaluation of the corporate neeeds, the evolution of Information Technology during the last ten years and the expectations of its users.
Three kinds of training are available :
- a Engineer-Manager course (EM - 4IM concept) leading to a European Master level of qualification
- an Engineer-Assistant course (EA) leading to a European Degree level of qualification.
- A possibility of Professional / Vocational training (PT)
The emphasis is put on new technologies, on the practical and operational knowledge of firm running and on the opening to the international world, in order to make the best of its motto :
« 4IM : speeding up employability » .
The 4IM Institute favours the quality and good standard of its students to the detriment of the size of its classes. The reputation of the Institute is clearly established in the opinion of firms, it's based upon the professionalism of its students and the high quality of its teaching . Why 4IM ?
4IM means : innovative specializations, specially selected applicants, -but also highly motivated; classes which are not too big to make rigorous supervision possible; school courses combined with work experience; strong involvement of the professionals in the teaching (part time lecturers, tutors), increased employability, operational skills, new technologies in teaching, are being set up in Provence, an exceptional French region.
In our Institute, students are much more than mere consumers, they are part and parcel of life at the Institute, in synergy with all the people involved.
The 4IM system : Teaching skills which are both academic and practical.
The ME concept of 4IM
| More than an engineer, more than a manager, this is the Manager-Engineer. Concerned about the satisfaction of customers, he is able to understand what is at stake for the firm, the marketing needs and he'll know how to transpose them into technical data; at ease with C# and k€ as well as with the management of his teams".
A sound training course on :
- Information Technologies,
- Personal development
Pragmatic methods of teaching :
- Courses combined with work experience (for the 4IM training : all along the 3 years and for all the students),
- Course and seminars given by professionals of firms
- Easy access to laboratories (24 hours a day - 7 days a week), either direct or through Internet, and this, in order to give students the possibility to do their practical work as it suits them,
- The whole course is available through E-learning, for a continuous contact with the Institute.
An international programme :
- Classes and practical work given in English (for some of them) in order to guarantee real practical experience of this language. Essential points of the lessons available in both languages.
- Exchange programmes with foreign partner universities.
- Annual seminar abroad, for one week, with local teachers.
- ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) in practice.
- Students with strong operational skills, thanks to a pragmatic way of teaching and work experience in firms (system of school courses combined with work experience).
- Organizations of students (they obtain contract work from businesses whose activities are related to the students' field of study), equipment (laboratories, .) and partnerships, making it possible to carry out missions or expansions.
- Accommodation is possible for employees willing to get some professional training.
- Free disposal of an Internet database, regularly brought up to date for the 4IM former students (essential points of the lessons, E-learning, ..)